As weeks went by, we were developing solutions to consecutive achievements. We keept you updated as we proceeded and now, since the end of the challenge have come, it's time for a wrap up and a short explanation on how we actually combined previous code to solve the achievement 8 - sorting bricks by a robot.
The points we were trying to solve over last days were:
- developing a routine for a robot to explore space, pick the brick up and drop it in the box;
- finding a solution to a problem of a robot loosing a brick after the pick up;
- integrating code snippets from all team members and cleaninag up libraries;
- speeding up the code by using tracker for briks;
- migrating all the code to the Jetson.
Basically making everything ready for the demo.
The routine we have choosen for the robot to follow was:
- look around and try to find (take pictures) of all single brick within its visual field;
- identify and count drop-off boxes in the area;
- cluster the bricks into the number of clusters coresponding to the number of boxes;
- find a closest bricks, approach it and pick it up;
- analyse photos of this brick to determine which of the clusters it belonged to so that it could be sorted into the correct box;
- move toward the correct box that the brick should be sorted into;
- drop the brick off in the correct box;
- turn around and start again looking for another brick to collect, sort and put into boxes;
- repeat this process until all bricks are found and sorted and put into boxes.
For now we are still polishing our solutions, but come back to this blog post after 5 pm today - we will post a video of our final demo here, so you can see how it went!
Regards, The GDK team